Hospice and Palliative Care What Are They and What do They Offer?
Who: All individuals associated with Kin Ministry, BeFriender Ministry, Good Samaritan Society, and Sanford Health.
How: Live at Good Sam National Campus OR Registered Satellite locations
- Review the philosophy of hospice care and palliative care
- Discuss what hospice care and palliative care provides
- Talk about comfort care as a hospice and a palliative care goal
- Common myths about hospice and palliative care
- Summary of presentation
Kin Ministry Leaders and Site Administrators
- Kari VanDenHemelHCBS System Senior Consultant
Kari VanDenHemel is on a mission to educate people on the services hospice can provide to patients, families, and friends. She has worked for almost thirty years in the medical field starting as a volunteer in her local southwest Minnesota nursing home, then a Certified Nursing Assistant, and as a Registered Nurse. Kari’s experience in emergency and pulmonary medicine gave her a vast skill set and knowledge to conquer anything set before her. People are her passion, which has been exemplified in her experience as a Staff Development Coordinator, Assistant Director of Nursing, and as Director of Nursing for twelve years at a Skilled Nursing